Sunday, April 10, 2005

Taylor T5

I was thinking about the Taylor T5 this afternoon. Just driving along and for some reason I started thinking about it...don't know why.

Anyway, for those who aren't familiar with Taylor, they make some great acoustic guitars, and at the last NAMM they announced the T5, a kind of cross between an acoustic and an electric guitar. Here's what they claim:
The T5 is Taylor's first-ever electric guitar. Built like an acoustic guitar with a fully-hollow thinline body, the T5 is designed to be equally comfortable played through both electric and acoustic amps. The T5 has a versatile range of pure analog tones, from strumming acoustic to crunch electric—and everything in between.

They look pretty cool, but they are probably going to be very expensive. They say they are expected in stores in May; so that probably means I won't see one until July... I've already seen a picture of Dave Matthews playing one...

But the thing I was wondering about...I heard that you could use electric or acoustic strings on them....which got me wondering; does that mean buying two guitars, or changing strings frequently?!

No comments: