Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Lie in our Graves

I've been working on Lie in our Graves, or more accurately, the first riff. The first thing to note is that I'm basing it on a specific recording; "Acoustic Benefit 02-05-09 Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds" which I don't really know where it came from. Clearly the date is wrong*, but I don't know what it should be either...

Anyway, this is what I think he's playing (or close to it):


E:-2-2-2--------x-x--------------------------
B:-3-3-3--------x-x--------------------------
G:-2-2-2--------x-x-----------2--------4--4--
D:-0-0-0--------x-x--0--2--4-----4-----2--2--
A:--------4--2--x-x--------------------------
E:--------------x-x-----------------3--------
^ v ^


Notice, it's not much different from the one I posted before.
For a while I was playing the last two notes as (below) which sounded a little fuller; but you have to move your fingers more to do it...


E:-------
B:-5--5--
G:-4--4--
D:-2--2--
A:-------
E:-------

*It seems the concert is from 1999, not 1909 or 2009...

No comments: