Friday, April 29, 2005

New Toy!

I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new toy: a Marantz PMD 660 solid state recorder. I ordered it about three weeks ago, but then discovered (after placing the order) that it was backordered - ugh!

Well, it arrived today. I was waiting at home...and waiting....and waiting. The UPS tracking system said it was out for delivery, and they usually turn up at 11. By 12 I decided that maybe they weren't coming - or had delivered it somewhere by mistake - and decided I better get the rest of my day underway.

So I took a shower.

UPS, using their advanced 'ADT' technology (Arrive at a Difficult Time), rang the bell just as I got out of the shower. Fortunately, when I opened the door, dripping wet with just my pants on, the UPS guy had already gone. But he'd left the box at the door, so I was spared any major embarrasement.

But they know, you know...somehow they know...


Anyway, the PMD 660 looks cool. More on that shortly.

No comments: