Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Stuck In My Head

I often get a song stuck in me head....and then I have to play it over and over and over again until I can get it out...iPods are great for that.

Last weekend I drove around playing The Wallflowers How Good It Can Get all afternoon. It's five times through from home to Jamaica Plain if the driving is good.

Looking in iTunes, the top three songs for Play Count at the moment are:

Madrigals Howie Day 58
Collide Howie Day 55
Ghost Howie Day 54


Just in case you think I only have Howie Day on the the iPod, the fourth song is Heroes & Villans by The Beach Boys [huh?!], but I think that number is artifically enlarged because my iPod for a while always seemed to turn on with that song playing...

The Madrigals and Ghost versions are from the Madrigals EP, which actually contains a DVD and a CD. Madrigals and Ghost are on both, but (in my not-so-humble opinion) the live performance on the DVD is superior to the recording on the CD. So I had to make my own copy of those tracks by connecting up the iBook to the desktop machine and transfering the audio through an analog cable. I guess there must be a way to hack the audio out of the DVD, but I couldn't figure it out and I had everything else to transfer it the Digital-Analog-digital route. Doesn't sound too bad either.

No comments: