Friday, May 12, 2006

We Shall Overcome

I just got We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions Bruce Springsteen's latest album. So far I can't get Pay Me My Money Down out of my head, though there are other tracks (such as We Shall Overcome) that I think will keep my attention too.

Though something's up with the copy on my iPod...there's this clicking noise on at least one track. I'm going to have to reconvert it and see if that fixes the problem.

This album has had an effect on another band I follow (the following comes from their website); Crooked Still
In the middle of all this craziness, Greg gets a call to go try out for Bruce Springsteen's band. So he goes to New Jersey, has a good time, and says "wow, that audition was the best day of my life." Then he actually gets hired. Yup, you heard me. The name "Greg Liszt" can now be found on the official website of the Boss. So this means that for about six or eight shows between April 24 and June 11, we will be joined by some other stellar banjo players.

No comments: