Thursday, August 31, 2006

American Pie

I get songs stuck in my head.

The other day I was at a restaurant and they were playing Weird Al's parady of American Pie, which is called The Saga Begins. The latter is the story of Star Wars: Phantom Menace and it's really clever.

Got that stuck in my head and ended up buying both it and the original on iTunes, and now I have been playing the both of them over and over and over..... !

American Pie has some great lyrics, and Weird Al's version does a surprisingly good job of "copying" it. One of my favorite bits:
And the three men I admire most,
the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
well they caught the last bus to the coast

which becomes
And the Jedi I admired most
caught up with Darth Maul and now he's toast
now I'm down here and he's a ghost

No comments: