Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Beginners Beatles Circle

Not being a particularly great player, having a rather limited repetoire, and generally being intimidated by playing with others, I thought it might be worthwhile organizing a beginners circle for MartinFest. Last year someone suggested something similar, and that we all learn some Beatles songs. But it was very casual and in the end about four of us got together and played Eight Days A Week through a few times and that was it.

So this year I am trying to organize something a little more formal. With that in mind I invited people to submit song suggestions on the forum, and narrowed it down to a list of about 14 songs. I've been putting together a booklet of transcriptions to circulate amongst those that are coming (I ended up doing it in Illustrator and InDesign which took a little more work than I intended!

No comments: