Saturday, July 22, 2006

ABBC: #3

The process by which we chose songs may have been flawed. I asked people to nominate songs, then I went through the list and picked the songs that had multiple nominations. Then to fill out the list I went through and picked out what seemed to be easy - but also interesting - songs.

I have The Beatles Complete Chord Songbook and used that as the primary basis for the booklet of ten songs I put together (though I "adjusted" a couple of songs based on other transcriptions I have.)

I stopped in to the local guitar store yesterday and they had an easy Beatles for guitar book that had about 100 songs in it. I went looking through and the first three songs I remembered from our list weren't in the book. However Eight Days A Week was; though in a different key.

No comments: