Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Daughters

In a recent discussion, someone mentioned that the song Daughters by John Mayer, is now the most popular song for the first father / daughter dance at weddings.

Kind of interesting; though who compiles this information?! And where do they get their data?

I guess the other thing is; have you read the lyrics to that song? It's a really nice song and all, but it's about meeting someone who is totally screwed up, and finally realizing that you can't do anything about it and that it's all the fault of the person that raised them! Hardly an appriopriate sentiment for a wedding, is it?!

i know a girl
she puts the color inside of my world
she's just like a maze
where all of the walls all continually change

I've done all i can
to stand on the steps with my heart in my hands
Now i started to think
maybe its got nothing to do with me.

so fathers be good to your daughters,
daughters will love like you do,
girls become lovers who turn into mothers
so mothers be good to your daughters too.


Come on people! Pay attention to the lyrics!

No comments: